After work on Thursday, we swung by Pick a Flick and picked up a couple of movies (Blades of Glory - not that good, The Lookout, and Death Proof), then we went to Curt & Crystal's to borrow their portable dvd player, and then headed out to the house. We got halfway to the house when Crytsal called me and told me that I left my purse at their place. There wasn't anything that I could do at that point, so we decided that we'd pick it up in the morning on the way to work.
Anyway, we went to get the mail before we went to the house. Our mailbox is across a field from our house, so when we go to the mailbox, we could see that the back of the house was stucco'ed (I don't know if that's a word, but I'm using it anyway)...and it was pretty yellow. It actually looked like it did when there was just OSB on it...I was kinda worried. Ryan kept saying "Well, if it's too yellow, there's nothing we can do about it now, so we're kinda stuck with it". I sped to the house after that because I was so anxious to see what it would look like up close. We got to the house, and I loved it. I loved the colour and the texture that we chose. I went to the backseat to get my camera...and then remembered that it was in my purse which was still in the city...so no pictures yet. I'll post some pictures Friday night if I get a chance to...otherwise you're going to have to wait until Monday. But I love the colour. Apparently it's going to dry a bit lighter, and I'm kind of sad that it will dry lighter, because I really like how it looks.
Inside the house, everything is stained except for the railings, the woodwork in the livingroom (windows) and the doors. Norm the painter was hoping that he will have all of the staining done by Saturday, and that he will be completely done all of the painting by next Friday (October 19th). Which would be right on track to where Lyle said we would be (2 weeks for painting).
Mom and Dad were at the house too, and they like the stucco too. I can't WAIT to get to the house Friday night after work. They had 3/4 of the house stucco'ed and none of the trim done, so hopefully that's all done by the time we get there!
Friday, October 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment