First of all, we went to the house Thursday night after work and nothing had been done. Nothing that we noticed, anyway, so I didn't take any pictures, and didn't post on the blog.

Mom and Dad got there at about 8:00ish and Dad started working on laying the tar paper out and figuring out how they were going to start. Mom and I and Ryan continued to remove the nails from the wood.
At about 10:00 I think the first board was finally installed. Shortly after that, Mom and I had to head into Lorette to find a bathroom. We also had to go and find some shorter screws for the first few rows of boards (the floor nailer wouldn't fit in properly), and another countersink bit. We went to a little hardware store in Lorette, and what a mistake. We couldn't find anything we were looking for. We ended up finding a bit that we needed, but couldn't find any screws that were short enough. We called and Dad answered the phone and told us that they would just make do with what they had.I can't remember what time Ryan's brother got there, but he was out there helping us too. I don't think that the two of us could have done anything without the help that we were given.



Ryan wished that we could have had a time-lapse camera so that you could watch quickly how the floor went in. These pictures are the best that we could do.
Saturday - 1:38 p.m.:








Saturday - 8:33 p.m.:



We called it quits at about 9:30 p.m. and went home to rest up for the next long day that we were sure to endure.
Sunday morning we got up at 6:00 and again, packed the food up for the day and had some breakfast and got to the house at about 8:00 a.m. and started working again.
Sunday - 11:47 a.m.:
Sunday - 1:57 p.m.:




Sunday - 5:52 p.m.:




And finally...
I think that Dad summed up what everyone was thinking and feeling like at that point...

We cleaned up after finishing the floor and tried to put everything back where it was before we started. The painter is going to be painting the walls starting on Monday, so we wanted to make sure there was nothing really in his way. We are going to be working on the dining room floor starting on Monday, which should also be interesting...hopefully it will go a bit quicker, but I'm not so sure of that...
We couldn't have finished the floor so quickly without all of the help that we got from our families. We owe them big time.
2 comments:
I LOVE the colour pattern on the floor:)
LOL...I've gotten a few comments on it. I guess somewhere in that post I should have mentioned that the floor came from the Tec Voc Collegiate gym.
Post a Comment