On Saturday, we went with my mom and dad to an auction sale in Inwood, which is just north of Teulon. We went there to go and bid on a 3pt hitch 60" Farm King snowblower that will attach to our John Deere 770. We're thinking that we should probably find one before it snows...I don't think it will be much fun to shovel our driveway...
The auction started at 10:00 and we got there just before it started. Dad and I raced to the trailer where you get your numbers...Mom beat us there. There was a lot of junk, but within the junk there was a few things worth bidding on. I bought a whole bunch of hanging baskets with the hangers for $3. It came with a box of other junk, which I afterwards found out had a matching 3 bowl set of Pyrex bowls (the really old ones...they're in GREAT shape!). I also bought some garden hose for $1...which we later found out worked, so that was a bonus. I got a box of houseware stuff for $8...I really only wanted the stainless steel colander that was in it...but found out later that there were some nice glass canisters and some other kitchen stuff that just has to be cleaned up and it will be in good condition. Mom and Dad bid on some stuff, but we had to be careful what we bid on...if we were winners of the snowblower attachment, we wouldn't have much room in the back of the truck for anything else.
We slowed down our bidding until it came time for the snowblower...Ryan was going to be the bidder on this one...He didn't even get a chance to bid at all. The snowblower went for more than we were willing to spend. It went for $1450 or so and with taxes, it would be just the same or a little bit more to buy a brand new one that would come with a warranty. So we didn't get the snowblower...which meant that we could bid on MORE STUFF!!! Which of course, we did.
I started bidding on a nice white patio rocking chair, but was outbid...by DAD! He didn't win it though either. He didn't realize that I was bidding...even though he was standing right beside me. He ended up buying a patio table, with an umbrella and four chairs for $5, and then told me that I owe him $5. I ended up buying two junky looking (but not for long) tables for $2. In total that day I spent $14.84 on stuff...to Dad's $150...
We went back to Mom and Dad's place and went through the stuff that we bought, throwing junk out as we went through it, and trading stuff and giving stuff away. After supper, we went to Paul's house (a guy Ryan used to work with at the Northwest Company), and then we went out to the house...at midnight...after Ryan had a drink at Paul's...which he swears was Bacardi 151 and poured strong. Ya right. Needless to say he was a little tipsy and talkative. It was crazy dark, and all I could see that had been done was the staining of the doors. The railings weren't done yet, and no other staining was done.



No comments:
Post a Comment