Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Completely Floored - Monday, October 29, 2007

The main floor flooring is now completely done. Kris was in there on Monday and did a fantastic job. I love it! I think it will look really good once we get the island in there and the lighting in there and all of our stuff in there. Not that it doesn't look good now, but you know what I mean. We can only see it in the sunlight at this point, because our lights will not be hooked up until Monday. At that point, hopefully all of our lights will be hung and it will again start to feel more like a house. The flooring has helped it feel more like a house.

I got a call on Monday from the granite place where we're getting our counter tops from, and they were just going out to measure...which is what they were supposed to do sometime last week. I asked them how long it was going to take to have the counter tops installed, and she told me that from measurement to installation we were looking at...FIVE WEEKS. Hopefully she was over-estimating by quite a bit...Otherwise I don't know what we'll do. We can still probably move in and just have the countertops come in after we're already in, but they're undermounting the kitchen sink, so I don't think that we'll have a sink in the kitchen until the counters are installed...which means that I might not be able to have my Epicure Party at the new house...it might have to be at Ryan's mom's place. We'll see. Either way, I'll make it work.

Here's the laundry room/mud room as you walk through the door from the garage (the white strips are just Kris's way of marking the wet seams so we didn't walk on them):

And the kitchen (again, white strips are marking the wet seams):

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks great - do you have much flooring left over? I'll take if for my bathroom.