Friday, July 6, 2007

Thursday, July 5, 2007

The windows are in!! Well, all but one. The frame they made for the window in one of the bedrooms had to be made smaller because of the porch roof, so they had to put in an order for a window that would fit. But all of the other windows and doors are installed. It's starting to really come together. When we got into the house yesterday, it seemed more and more like a house; I guess because there wasn't a constant breeze coming from the window openings. There were lots of flies in the house too. Here's the house as of Thursday night...and yes, I will be displaying EVERY window...

Clearly, this is our front door, and to the left is the front dining room window:


Here's Ryan standing on the scaffolding in front of our living room windows:

Front dining room window:

Here are the half-walls going from the kitchen to the living room. On the inside edge of each of them there will be wood pillars. Lyle keeps telling us that we're going to be the pillar queens; apparently having 4 pillars in a house is a lot. Hopefully it doesn't look bad. I think they'll look good.


Here is the kitchen sink window. Ryan will see this view quite often...

The front door:


The living room windows:

The dining room windows. Again, there will be two pillars in the inside edges of the half-walls:

The kitchen sink window on the left, and the breakfast nook window:


The master bedroom windows:

The livingroom windows, as seen from our master bedroom window:

And the windows from the outside:




Since the framers will be done on Friday, I've decided that I will make them some cookies and we will give them some beer for all the hard work they've done. We're planning to deliver them Friday morning. Hopefully they drink the beers after they've finished working...

No comments: