Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Monday, July 30, 2007

We were talking to Jonathan and Evelyn on the weekend and had decided that Monday night we would meet them and take them out to the house, since the last time Evelyn had seen it in person was last year I think, when it was just a field...we met them (including Noah) at our place, and then headed into Lorette to grab a bite to eat and then head out to the house.

Earlier in the day, Ryan had been talking to Lyle and he told them that the drywall was delivered today, but that they had a little bit of a problem getting it inside the house...so to fix this problem...they cut a hole in the house...One in the kitchen, and one in the master bedroom. I couldn't figure out why they couldn't just carry them up the stairs...Ryan asked me if I remembered carrying in drywall at the cabin, and then I remembered how hard it was. And those were just regular sized sheets. The ones that they delivered were 14 foot sheets...

When we got out to the house, the first thing I noticed (I know, I noticed something...go figure) was the porch stairs. I was SOOO EXCITED!! We can actually use our front door now!

The only other thing I can say, is HOLY DRYWALL! I then understood why they didn't want to carry it into the house...there was SOO MUCH of the stuff. They also dropped off the insulation too.


Noah LOVED the drywall in the kitchen. He was crazy crawling (you have to see it, it's so cute!) along it, and was not happy when he wasn't allowed to play with the rip on the back of one of the sheets.

Don the Geothermal Guy (Formerly the Septic Tank/Field Guy - It's done so he's not working on that anymore) was out again today with his crew and they installed the lines for the geothermal, and brought them into the basement. They installed the lines out behind the house, so they had to get rid of some of the oats that were planted there...



Oh, and the hole that they had to cut in the house to get the drywall in? They had already patched it up and the stucco wire guy had put it all back together again, so we didn't get a chance to see it.

Apparently, Noah thought that the trip to the house was pretty boring...that, or crawling all over the drywall was pretty tiring...


Hopefully when we go out on Tuesday I'll have some pictures of drywall to share...WOO HOO!!

No comments: