We didn't get out to the house until it was dark again on Tuesday night, which made it a little bit easier to see one of the things that happened during the day...we got our Emergency Number!! For those who live in the city or don't know what I'm talking about...it's almost like a house number, except that it's a stick at the end of the driveway that has a number on it that we use to identify our house, and to use should we ever have to call 911 or something of the sort. It was glowing when we turned into the driveway. I was happy to see it, seeing as how I had called probably six months ago and asked for it, to which I never received a response. But there it was...welcoming us...LOL...okay, that was a little much. We're now known as 49192!
Most of you probably already know that I get excited about the smallest things, so I was pretty stoked after seeing the emergency number. We went into the house, and the excitement just kept growing...
The doors were all hung and completely framed up. They look great! All of the entrance/archways are all completely done as well as the windows, with the exception of the livingroom windows, which they will hopefully complete on Wednesday while they are there. All of the shelves are up in the closests and the pantry is finished as well. We have a few concerns with some of the framing above the bathroom door on both the inside and the outside...it seems that the framing is a little too close to the light boxes, and I'm not sure if the lights that we have for those two areas will fit or not. The same with the light in the closet in our bedroom. We're going to take the lights out there Wednesday night after work and see if they will fit, and see if we either have to get them to move the light boxes and patch where they were, or if we have to just pick different lights for those three areas...I hope that they'll fit, and that nothing will have to be done...but we'll see.
Here's just a few pictures of the house and where it's at right now...
Here is the pantry in the kitchen:





The back door, I guess you would call this...it's the door off the kitchen:

















Are you still reading? Or have I bored you to death with pictures? Well, there's a few other major things that happened yesterday at the house...
This:
(The water pump was finally hooked up and we have running water!)
And this:

(The geothermal unit was delivered...nothing was really installed yet, but just having the unit there has to count for something, right??)And this!:
(Murray the Framer is back! And he's ready to frame! Looks like they'll be framing the basement walls sometime soon...)
No comments:
Post a Comment