



Earlier in the day, we had gotten a call from the Lyle the Cabinet Guy, telling us that where the microwave is situated interferes with the opening of the corner cabinet, and wanted to know which way we'd like to fix it. He gave us two options: 1 - lower the wall oven and put the microwave above it, or 2 - change the corner cabinet to a square cabinet, and put a hinged door on it (a door with a hinge in the middle, so a split door, basically). I told him that I didn't want to lower the wall oven (why have a wall oven if it's going to be just as low as a regular oven) and that he can make a square cabinet with a hinged door. Ryan had also suggested that I ask him about the cupboards over the washer and dryer. I want to have wall to wall cupboards over the washer and dryer, and Ryan had mentioned that to Lyle before, but he couldn't remember what he told him. I asked Lyle and he told me that he and Ryan had decided on a 30 inch cabinet above the laundry team, which would not be a wall to wall cabinet. I told him that we would measure the are where we wanted the cupboards to be, and that we'd get back to him. We measured the area, and found that it was actually 70 inches, and that he would need to build us 2-35" cabinets. I called him and let him know that, and he said it would be no problem.
They taped the edges of the drywall and mudded those areas too, as well as doing some touch ups.
I was quite intriqued by the corners of the walls (small things do amuse small minds). We had asked for square corners instead of rounded corners, and they obliged, and I went and touched one of the walls at the corner to see how smooth it was...and soon discovered that it was still wet, and that I had left an impression in the wall...hopefully they're not too mad...it could have been worse...
I was quite intriqued by the corners of the walls (small things do amuse small minds). We had asked for square corners instead of rounded corners, and they obliged, and I went and touched one of the walls at the corner to see how smooth it was...and soon discovered that it was still wet, and that I had left an impression in the wall...hopefully they're not too mad...it could have been worse...
So now we still have to wait for Hydro to actually hook up the power, and then we'll probably still be waiting...
No comments:
Post a Comment