Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Friday Morning, August 10, 2007

We woke up at about 1:30 a.m. Friday morning to Ryan's mom saying "HAIL", and running around the house closing windows. I had noticed just before she said that that the power had gone out (something clicked or made a noise or something, and that also woke me up), but I hadn't yet heard the hail or the wind or rain. We all got up and closed windows, and watched the hail hit the windows and I kept thinking that I didn't want the windows to break here or at the house. I think the hail only lasted for about 15 - 20 minutes and then it was just raining and windy. We went back to bed and tried to sleep, and finally drifted off.

When we got up later that morning, we still had no power, so we couldn't shower before going to work. We called our bosses and told them that we would be a bit late, and then we got dressed and went out to the house to see if there was anything going on there. The night before (Thursday night) we went to the house and told the guys that they could open up the windows but to make sure that they closed them before they went home, and they said that they would make sure they closed them. When we got to the house, the windows were closed, so that was good, but the front door was wide open. They must have forgotten to close the front door when they left...but at least they remembered the windows, right?

There was no damage to our place. I was only really worried about the windows, but on the north side where the wind and hail seemed to be coming from, there is only one window, and it was untouched. The only thing was that there was water pooled in the poly that they put up in the ceiling in both the north bedroom and the master bedroom closet. We're pretty sure that the only reason that the water was in there was because the soffit's & facia haven't been installed yet, which would have eliminated that problem. I'm not sure when that stuff will be installed though. Hopefully we don't get too much more rain before that stuff is installed.


They also did some more work after we left there...

No comments: