Wednesday, August 8, 2007

More decisions...Tuesday, August 7, 2007

The next decision we have to make is lighting. What a pain.

We both like different things, and can't seem to agree on anything. We're trying though.

Tuesday night we went to the house with a few lights that we had picked up from Rona and Home Depot over the weekend. I know that I won't be able to make a decision until I can see what the lights will look like in the house, and Ryan thinks that's silly.

We each took turns holding up the lights to where the fixtures are going to be, and took some pictures. We both sort of agreed upon what would go in the hallway upstairs, on the stairs going from the second floor to the first floor, and in the stairwell going down to the basement. But we're trying to figure out what to put in the livingroom. Everything looks so small compared to the windows that are in there. It's going to be a really tough decision.

We bought 14 lights on ebay for roughly $25 cdn per light (including shipping and duty) and we're only using about 5 of them. A guy here at work wants 5 of them, and my mom and dad could likely use some at the cabin. When we were at Superlite on Logan on Saturday, we saw the lights that we got on ebay...they were selling for $146 EACH! I could not believe it. There is no WAY I would pay that much for those lights. Everything there seemed over-priced.

Here we are, holding up lights, trying to decide.

There was scaffolding at the house when we went, which tells me that they're getting ready to insulate and drywall, hopefully. They'll have to use a generator to power their tools, because Hydro won't likely be out for another week or two to dig for the underground wires. Oh well...we'll see what happens on Wednesday...

2 comments:

Life with the Lerms said...

I have to agree with Ryan... sorry Chelan. You guys do look kinda silly holding up light fixtures to walls that are not completed yet. Whatever works. :)

Anonymous said...

I that the Special Olypics Torches?!? Ryan, I'm so proud of you!!! Charles