The plumbers weren't there on Wednesday either. They have until Thursday night to finish all of their work, and apparently they are going to be working all day Thursday...It's frustrating, because it seems like we're back to playing the waiting game...
But we do have lights...and they do work now. I think the doorbell light is brighter than the garage lights...We got to the house and dropped off some bales of flax straw for the septic field (so it doesn't freeze in the winter), and I could see something glowing bright on the porch...it was the doorbell. And then inside, I could see another light on...it was the pantry light. It's one of the ones that turns on when the door is opened, but they didn't have the door on, so the light wouldn't shut off. Ryan and I installed the door, just so that we didn't have the light on in the house all night. There are some switches that are kind of silly with regards to where they were placed. For example, we can turn the island lights and half of the pot lights on with a switch that's just outside the kitchen, but to turn the other half of the pot lights on, we have to walk to the back kitchen door...It's going to take me a while to figure out what switch does what. I love the porch lights. They are so bright and they just really make the porch pop. The garage lights are way too small, and I think when we do replace them, we'll get bigger lights and make sure that they point up, instead of down. We may just keep those lights there and get floodlights to put at the very peak of the garage.
I've also found out that I don't like 3-way switches. The first reason I don't like them is because they're called 3-way switches, which doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe someone can better explain it to me. The second reason I don't like them is because (And this reason drives Ryan CRAZY!! And we've only had the switches for a day!) when one switch is in the off position and the light is off, then the other switch that controls that same light is in the on position, but the light is still off. Now, it's not such a big deal if the switch in question is a single switch, but when it's got two other switches beside it and they're both in the down (off) position and this one isn't?!?! Hmmm...maybe this is what they call OCD? Or, the O-C Disorder (don't call it that). So maybe it's just me...I'll just have to make sure that it's the basement light switches that aren't the same...
Anyway, when we first got to the house and turned on the lights, we realized that there were some that we didn't like, which turned out to be a snap judgement. We didn't think at first that they gave off enough light, but then after we turned every other light off and just played with the ones in question, we decided that they would work well for now. We can always replace them if we think they are not sufficient.
Here are the lights...all lit up.














We'll be at the house on Thursday night with Mom, Dad, Geoff, not sure about Laura, & Grandma for pizza and vacuuming. Funny...Usually pizza goes with wings...not vacuuming. Friday will bring the floor refinisher guy...
No comments:
Post a Comment