He was working on the bathroom floor when I got there, laying out the perimeter of the room so that everything would fit properly, and then we had lunch. After lunch, he started to put the flooring down with the mortar, while I unloaded the lights from the truck. Once I was done unloading the truck and placing the lights where they were supposed to go, I went upstairs and sat in the tub and watched Kris work. He had finshed the toilet room by the time Ryan finally showed up.



When Ryan got there, he and I went to the kitchen and started to place the island where we wanted it, which isn't as easy as you would think. We didn't know whether we should centre the lights over the countertop or not. The countertop has an overhang on one side of about 1 foot, so we centred it that way, but then when we stepped back and looked at the island, it looked funny, because it seemed (not having the countertop on there doesn't make it easy) like it was too far on one side. We then decided that we'd try to put something in the light sockets so that we would have an idea of what it would look like, so we could better position the island. There were a few pieces of cardboard from the dishwasher in the living room, so Ryan decided that he would put those into the sockets. It kind of worked, and we positioned the island. The next project was to figure out how low we wanted the island lights to hang. Ryan just wanted to guess, and I wanted to actually put the lights up there so that we could stand back and see what they looked like, and if they needed to be lower or higher. We "discussed" this for a bit, and finally I convinced him that we should put the lights up. We did that, and decided that the length at which the lights were already hanging was perfect, one of the lights had to be moved up about an inch, but that was about it.


As we were hanging the lights, I thought that I had heard Kris call my name, but I wasn't sure, since the radio was on pretty loud. Shortly after that, he came down holding his hand and asking if we had any bandaids at the house...he had cut his pinky finger on one of the tiles...It looked pretty bad. But he just put a napkin around it, and used some tuck tape/tyvek tape and he continued working. He said that after he was done he would probably go and get stitches if it needed it. Crazy! Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures...
After we hung the lights, we went back upstairs, and by that time, Kris almost had the whole floor done. He was going to finish up the floor and then head home to see if he needed stitches.


We left before Kris did, and he said that he would be back again on Sunday to do the grouting.
2 comments:
The bathroom looks great and so do the lights above the island. It is definitely coming together.
Mom
When do I get to use the Uncle John's Bathroom Reader?
Charles
Post a Comment