Wednesday, November 10, 2010

74 More Days...

...until the baby's due date. Where, seriously, has the time gone??

We went to the States on Halloween weekend to pick up the crib, mattress, and playard that we ordered from csnbaby.com. We figured that since we had to go to the States to pick up Mom and Dad from the airport in Grand Forks, why not make a weekend of it and save on the shipping to Canada. We had our parcels delivered to Pembina Parcel Service in Pembina, North Dakota. I would highly recommend using her services. It was $5 per package, so for $15, we didn't have to pay duty or shipping charges on the packages, which would have been $50+. And since we were heading down there anyway, it wasn't like we had to drive down there specially just to pick up the packages.

We picked up a few other things while we were down there too...I went thrifty and we hit a bunch of thrift stores, and at one, women's clothes were 25 cents each, no matter what you bought. I was in HEAVEN! I bought 13 shirts. Now I just need to find pants!

We got home at about 10:00 on Sunday night (Halloween night) and for some reason, I couldn't convince Ryan to put the crib together...We had to wait until Monday to do it.

Ryan worked on the crib and I put the playard together. Everything went together quite easily, and Ryan was impressed with how well the pieces of the crib fit together. Now we just have to find sheets for it...I'm pretty sure that the flannel double sheet that we have on it right now isn't going to work so well once the baby comes...

Here are a few pictures of the crib and playard, once they were put together and put into the room (the playard is in the room for storage right now...we figure that if we leave it out, the cat will claim it as his own...we also need to find some sort of net or something to go overtop of it when it's in our room so that the cat doesn't jump into it while the baby is in it.

The pink bear that is in the crib was mine from when I was born...


Tonight Ryan and Dad are loading up the dresser from Mom & Dad's place that they refinished for us and the dog house that we built on the weekend and bringing it over. We've taken Friday off so that we have a really long weekend, so maybe I can get the baby's room all set up (or at least cleaned up a bit). I'll post pictures of the dresser and of the monstrous dog house that we built for Maeby. All Ryan said was "She'd better use it, or I'm going to staple her in it!".

No comments: