Monday, May 7, 2007

Saturday, May 5, 2007

We helped mom and dad unload some doors at the lake on Saturday, and took a drive by the land to see what had happened on Friday, if anything. When we got there, we realized that having no trees around the property and an empty field across from it doesn't block the wind. I couldn't believe how hard the wind was blowing. The only work that had been done on Friday (that we noticed) was that they had capped the top of the basement walls with OSB. I asked Ryan if he could climb onto the walls and take a picture from higher up and he said sure...then we remembered the wind...only after he got up there. It was a funny sight to see him trying to balance on a 5" platform with the winds whipping around him. I was so worried that the wind would pick him up and carry him into the neighbours yard. He did manage to get a few pictures while being knocked around by the wind.

We will be going out there again tonight after work to see what was done. I'll update tomorrow!

No comments: